Sunday, March 6, 2011

For Nordaugh!

Started up playing gladius again, which for years has been one of my favorite strategy RPG's as well as one of my favorite games in general. The story is pretty cool, the combat is a little slow but awesome, and the characters look bad ass. The lack of an auto save feature though really gets to me though. As long as the battles can be sometimes and having to back all the way out to the main town's menu before your able to save kind of keeps me from remembering to do so after each and every battle and since my particular copy of the game or my PS2 or maybe even both decide to freeze quite often on me in mid game. Setting me back sometimes three battles back, which seems minuscule but is ultimately extremely fucking irritating. Needless to say iv chucked the controller more than once because of it. Other than that and the sometimes horrid voice acting and the ridiculous in game loading for magic animations its an amazing game. Iv also recently gave in and bought fallout:new Vegas and well. It has me genuinely interested in it. I'm playing in hardcore mode and well shit, its pretty hardcore. In hardcore mode if one of your limbs is disabled by lets just say two sticks of TNT landing at your feet blowing your legs off, well the only  way to fix it is either a doctor, or a doctors bag and a decent medical skill. Which at the time of this writing well, isn't happening anytime soon, so me my quarter of a health bar not one but TWO blown off legs and a blown off arm are sadly limping around clearing out the rest of this fucking town's powder ganger problem. Hoping to get paid enough to afford a Dr to sew my legs back on, and do it right for that matter. Also iv ran out of water, which is starting to make my character a tad dizzy. They aren't fucking around when they say its hardcore mode that's for sure. Still pretty fun though, although a tad frustrating and rage inducing. Slitting a man's throat open with a straight razor, switching to a six shooter and literally blowing his buddy's head off certainly makes up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment